Single ply roofing, as it's name suggests consists of one layer of membrane only. There are two categories of single ply roof systems, thermoplastic and thermoset. By definition thermoplastic products can have their characteristics changed by the addition of heat. This results in a major installation benefit of heat fusing the membrane laps together rendering the seams completely watertight. By contrast thermoset membranes cannot be changed by heat, their properties are fixed. The benefits of these membranes are that they are basically inert to UV and other roof-destroying elements. As with everything there are trade offs to consider when making a selection. Thermoset membranes include PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin). Thermoset membranes include EPDM (ethelene-propylene-diene-monomer)
Scope of work for roof replacement.
1. Remove and dispose of existing Roofing.
2. Re-use parapet cap
3. Install new 1/4" Dens deck with GAF rhino bond fastners.
4. Install new GAF 60 mil TPO rhino bond roof system.
5. New walk pads
7. Lift Equipment as needed
8. New membrane and mental flashings at penetrations and drains.
9. Manufacturer 10 year warranty